RKT Series LED Linear Retrofit Kit
Optilumen has produced the simplest, easiest, most efficient, most cost effective LED Troffer/Strip/Linear Fluorescent Retrofit kit in America.
This Retrofit kit installs in 3 or 4 minutes, with only your bare hands. Just pop off the ballast cover, disconnect power from the ballast, connect power to the LED driver, and plug the driver into the LEDs.
It’s that simple!
The LEDs and the driver are magnetic backed, so they literally attach themselves to the troffer body in seconds. Watch the Installation Video!
The special thermally conductive magnet attaches the kit both physically and thermally to the troffer or strip light, thus becoming an actual component of the fixture, truly making it an LED fixture, as opposed to many other solutions that simply hang some sort of LED light component inside the troffer box. The entire body of the troffer becomes the heat sink for the LEDs, making them operate extremely cool, which dramatically extends their lifespan.
Our incredibly efficient LEDs produce an amazing >6000 lumens while consuming only 40 watts! This 2-LED kit will produce much more and much better light than a 4-lamp T12 or T8 fixture. Remember that a T12 fixture consumes over 180 watts, and even an “efficient” T8 fixture consumes over 120 watts.
You can easily see that the savings from this LED retrofit kit are huge!
Most customers realize a return on investment of less than 2 years on these kits, and essentially eliminate maintenance costs for a generation. They’re also rebate friendly nationwide.
- 40 watts – >6000 LED lumens; >5000 lumens from retro troffer
- 20 watts – 2850 LED lumens; >2300 lumens from retro troffer
- 3000K, 4000K, 5000K standard, other colors available
- Magnetic LEDs and driver make installation a snap
- No holes to drill
- No screws to turn
- Pre-installed quick-connects on both LEDs and driver
- Universal voltage drivers accept input voltage of 90-277v AC
- CRI >82
- 5 year warranty
- Operating temperature -40 F to 140 F
We are proud to announce that our RKT Series products meet UL 1598 and 1598C Standards, and are DLC Premium certified.
- Dimmable with 0-10v dimmer
- Color temps from 2700-7200K
- Frosted integrated optic lens
- Lamps and ballast cover removed
- Driver and LEDs installed
- Ballast cover reinstalled
- Functional LED troffer
Available in 2′ x 4′, 1′ x 4′, and 2′ x 2′ versions. Works equally well for retrofitting 4′ and 8′ Striplights.
Available in 30w, 40w, and 50w versions.
Tubes versus RKT
Plug and Play
- Three to four tubes consume 54-72 watts plus ballasts giving you a 60-80 watt system consumption vs. 40 watts for RKT kit. LEDs consume an additional 20-40 watts per fixture, approximatley $16 per fixture/year.
- RKT kit is cheaper to install than 3-4 tube fixtures (considering installation and product cost)
- RKT thermals much better than tubes; double-triple the lifespan
- Continued liability of the plug and play system due to existing ballasts that are typically 3-5 years old at the time of installation.
- Not all ballasts are compatible with plug and play lights. Magnetic ballasts will not work at all with plug and play tubes, and some electronic ballasts don’t work or malfunction further diminishing efficiencies while creating potential health and/or safety hazzards due to fires, etc.
- Inherent electric use and reduce efficiency of ballast in the system
- Just like ballast compatible (plug and play), direct wire is inherently less efficient than RKT, operates at higher temperatures (meaning shorter lifespan), and still depends on the fluorescent form factor (ie: existing sockets, wires, etc).
- T12 systems have unshunted sockets, posing a potential wiring issue that needs to be resolved, or possibly requires changing sockets depending on the tube.
- T12 and older T8 systems are typically 15-30 years old. Every component inside the box is old. Sockets are often brittle, burnt, corroded, and pose their own entirely separate issues.
- Directly powering sockets is unsafe and, in many jurisdictions, do not meet code.
In summary, the cost of an RKT retrofit kit and three or four tubes of any sort or similar, however, the cost of installation is significantly less. In addition to contractor’s lower installation cost, his future liabilities are dramatically reduced, and the consumer’s energy savings and long-term replacement costs are dramatically reduced as well.