RKS Series – Economy Retrofit
Optilumen has produced the simplest, easiest, most efficient, most cost effective LED Economy/Strip/Linear Fluorescent Retrofit kit in America.
The LED strips and the driver are magnetic backed, with screw mount option. They attach themselves to the troffer/striplight body in seconds and become a physical and thermal part of the fixture, truly making the fixture an LED luminaire.
The entire body of the luminaire becomes the heat sink for the strips, making them operate at an amazing 36C-42C, dramatically extending their lifespan and efficiency. When you consider efficiency, ease of install, incredible performance and extremely low cost, the RKS series retrofit kits are head and shoulders above the competition in every way. Available in 2’ & 4′ variants.
You can easily see that the savings from this LED retrofit kit are huge!
Most customers realize a return on investment of less than 2 years on these kits, and essentially eliminate maintenance costs for a generation. They’re also rebate friendly nationwide.
- 4000K, 5000K standard, other colors available
- Magnetic LEDs and driver make installation a snap
- No holes to drill
- No screws to turn
- Pre-installed quick-connects on both LEDs and driver
- Universal voltage drivers accept input voltage of 90-277v AC
- CRI >82
- 5 year warranty
- Operating temperature -45 C to 70 C
We are proud to announce that our RKS Series products meet UL 1598 and 1598C Standards, and are DLC Premium certified.
- Dimmable with 0-10v dimmer
- Color temps from 2700-7200K
- Frosted integrated optic lens
- Lamps and ballast cover removed
- Driver and LEDs installed
- Ballast cover reinstalled
- Functional LED troffer
Available in 2′ x 4′, 1′ x 4′, and 2′ x 2′ versions. Works equally well for retrofitting 4′ and 8′ Striplights.
Available in 30w, 40w, and 50w versions.
Tubes versus RKS
Plug and Play
- Three to four tubes consume 54-72 watts plus ballasts giving you a 60-80 watt system consumption vs. 40 watts for RKS kit. LEDs consume an additional 20-40 watts per fixture, approximatley $16 per fixture/year.
- RKS kit is cheaper to install than 3-4 tube fixtures (considering installation and product cost)
- RKS thermals much better than tubes; double-triple the lifespan
- Continued liability of the plug and play system due to existing ballasts that are typically 3-5 years old at the time of installation.
- Not all ballasts are compatible with plug and play lights. Magnetic ballasts will not work at all with plug and play tubes, and some electronic ballasts don’t work or malfunction further diminishing efficiencies while creating potential health and/or safety hazzards due to fires, etc.
- Inherent electric use and reduce efficiency of ballast in the system
- Just like ballast compatible (plug and play), direct wire is inherently less efficient than RKS, operates at higher temperatures (meaning shorter lifespan), and still depends on the fluorescent form factor (ie: existing sockets, wires, etc).
- T12 systems have unshunted sockets, posing a potential wiring issue that needs to be resolved, or possibly requires changing sockets depending on the tube.
- T12 and older T8 systems are typically 15-30 years old. Every component inside the box is old. Sockets are often brittle, burnt, corroded, and pose their own entirely separate issues.
- Directly powering sockets is unsafe and, in many jurisdictions, do not meet code.
In summary, the cost of an RKS retrofit kit and three or four tubes of any sort or similar, however, the cost of installation is significantly less. In addition to contractor’s lower installation cost, his future liabilities are dramatically reduced, and the consumer’s energy savings and long-term replacement costs are dramatically reduced as well.